Conference AnnouncementConference Prizes
1. Oxonia 2015 Best Conference Paper Prize - £1000
2. Oxonia 2015 Young Innovator Prize - £1000
This exciting research based conference, hosted by the Oxonia University Network will be set in one of the world's most prestigious Cities for culture, academia and innovation in Oxford, UK and will be attended by over 100 delegates from around the world, many of whom are already making a significant contribution to society today.
Nestled among the dreaming spires of Oxford, the Conference will be staged in the Said Business School, part of the University of Oxford. The City is a central hub of research, innovation and entrepreneurship by both location and reputation; at the very heart of a region that proudly calls itself 'Science Vale UK', designated by the UK Government as an Enterprise Zone and also one of the foremost science and technology locations in the world.
The event will attract a diverse and interesting community of people, who share the common objective of making a positive impact on society through; better education, healthcare, communications, technology, social welfare, wealth generation and protection of the environment. So it's the perfect place for enquiring minds to meet and collaborate together.
Who Should Attend
The conference will present new opportunities and information to people who are engaged in the knowledge economy, either through active involvement in research activities as an academic or student; or as an investor or provider of services such as incubator centres or enterprise hubs.
The event will draw together a diverse mix of individuals who are either inside higher education or on the periphery, helping to commercialise innovative new ideas. These individuals include but are not limited to the following disciplines:
- Engineering Science
- Medical and Biological Science
- Computing and Information Technology
- Business and Finance, Social Sciences
- Humanities and Media
- University leaders, Directors of research and enterprise organisations, research groups, Heads of university incubator centres, individual research academics and students who are involved in ongoing research or about to begin research in these fields. Knowledge based industries, enterprise and science park leaders and staff.
- Individual entrepreneurs
- Investors and venture capitalists
The Oxonia Network is hosting the Conference. Founded just over 2 years ago, Oxonia is an organisation dedicated to promoting global higher education through its University and Associate member base.
Supported by its parent, Oxford City Academy for Education and Development (OAED),Oxonia is growing in size and actively promotes collaboration between and with universities it is connected to. Its links now stretch across Europe to the FarEast, Africa and South America, with over 100 individuals a year coming to the UK to attend programmes relating to Leadership in Higher Education and Internationalisation.
The Conference will be staged over 3 days, 3rd- 5th August 2015, with a third day for visits to Oxford University and local science parks.
The advantages of attending this Conference
- Meet and network with peers from around the world
- Generate exciting new commercial introductions and opportunities
- Meet potential investors
- Hear experts overviewing key research and innovation topics
- Up to 50 different presentations to dip into
- The opportunity to present your own topic
- Have your paper published in journal and also in an edited Conference book afterwards